Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Sudoku

Sudoku is a puzzle game which has become a craze at Mumbai, I find people of all ages scratching their heads to place nine sets of number 1 to 9 on a square of 81 cells. I also have got addicted to it so much so that I solve about 6-8 sudokus in a day and I must confess that I buy newspaper only to solve the sudoku in it, that too the one which has two sudokus in it. I went to the extent of buying a book full of sudokus which I solve in the night. The popularity of this game can be gauged from the fact that nowadays all newspaper carry atleast one sudoku everday (if not more :-) ) and the average sale of newspaper is dictated by the level of difficulty of sudoku (just kidding).

To give you an idea of my addiction here is the routine of my sudoku dose: I solve two sudokus in the train on the way to office, another two on the internet during lunch break and then I take two more print-outs of sudoku from here to solve it on my way back home. After dinner I start with the book of sudoku which I got and then solve 2-3 depending on the my level of tiredness (oh god if only I observed such discipline in other things I could have done a lot!!).

On the flip side it gives you a lot of headache when you are unable to crack and of course density of hair on your head decreases (so now you know the reason for my receding hairline :-( ). I have even heard of stories about people getting sleepless nights or even dreams of cracking soduko in under-5 minutes. Taking lesson from such stories, I have vowed to reduce my consumption of sudoku to two per day lets see how sucessful I can be!

You can find free sudokus here, some of other interesting facts about it could be found here and of course you can find a sudoku solver here in case you are unable to crack it.

Current Mood: I am getting a headache after a overdose of Sudoku
Current Muzik: Sarr Dard mein koi gana nahin sunta hai .... ka samje

Aski "De Sudokuist" "De Casta"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.